Punjab State Teachers Eligibility Test ( PSTET ) is state level exam conducted by the Punjab School Education Board (PSEB) and the Government of Punjab. This Exam is the best opportunity for those candidates who wish to make their career as a Government Teacher in the Education Department of Punjab. On the basis of this Test, candidates recruit as Primary Teachers (PRT) for classes 1st-5th and Trained Graduate Teacher (TGT) for classes 6th-8th in Schools run by Government and Private management. There are other state-level Teacher Eligibility Tests like HTET (Haryana), (Punjab) REET (Rajasthan), UPTET, MHTET (Maharashtra) etc. and a central level exam, i.e. CTET.
All the Interested and B.Ed. Qualified candidates and Full fills the Eligibility must go through this PSTET Exam.
Table of Contents
What is PSTET?
PSTET stands for Punjab State Teacher Eligibility Test. PSTET is conducted by the Punjab School Education Board (PSEB) and the Government of Punjab. PSTET certification is required to be eligible for teachers in govt. & private schools. There are two levels of the exam; level 1 for PRT teacher (Class I to V) and level 2 for TGT (Class VI-VIII).
PSTET Exam Highlights:
|Name of Test||PSTET or Punjab TET|
|Conducting Authority||The Punjab School Education Board (PSEB)|
|Levels of Test||
|Mode of Examination||Offline (Pen & Paper Based)|
|Purpose of Examination||to recruit the primary teachers (classes I to V) and elementary teachers (classes VI to VIII) levels|
|Eligibility||UG/PG + D.Ed./B.Ed|
|Language||Bilingual ( English and Punjabi)|
|Exam Dates||November 2021|
|Availability of form||Not Announced|
|PSTET Helpline No.||0172-5227423,424,425|
Eligibility Criteria Required: Candidates should have the following qualifications as prescribed by the NCTE:
- Teachers of class I-V (PRT): Those Candidates who wish to teach class must be Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) Qualified with well n Good marks. NOTE THAT: Graduate candidates can also apply. And with the Educational Qualification, the Essential Qualification will be count.
- Teachers of Class VI-VIII (TGT): Candidates who wish to teach these classes, must have Bachelor Degree like B.A/B.Sc Degree or other Graduation Degree with well n good marks or Equivalent Qualification. With the Educational Qualification, the Essential Qualification will be count. See the Notification for more.
Candidates should be passed/appearing in B.Ed/Senior Secondary with at least 50% marks for both sections.
How to apply:
All the Candidates full of confidence and are Eligible to apply, required to apply via Online /Offline mode by filling up the application forms and need to submit them after successful submission.
There are the following steps to Apply Online:
- Step 1: Well, candidates required to logging on to the Official Website of the department i.e. www.tetpunjab.com and after reading the complete Guidelines and Instructions for filling Online Application Form, candidates have to register their name.
Applicant needs to fill in all the necessary required details, upload photo, signature.
- Step 2: Fill in all the required details and upload all the necessary scanned documents and photos and sign.
- Step 3: Before submitting the final details, check and correct the details if there is any mistake.
- Step 4: After submitting the application form, pay the application fee via we either online method like net banking, debit/credit card, UPI etc. or offline via bank challan
- Step 5: After paying fees, download and print out & Xerox the system generated application form for further use.
|Category||Only Paper I or II||Both Paper I & II|
|General / BC / OBC Category||Rs. 600 /-||Rs. 1200 /-|
|SC / ST Category||Rs. 300 /-||Rs. 600 /-|
Fee Payment Mode
- Payment through Challan
- Cash Deposit in HDFC Bank
- Cash Deposit in AXIS Bank
- Online payment through Credit / Debit Card
Important Key Dates:
|Online registration of PSTET 2021 starts from||October 2021|
|Online registration for PSTET 2021 ends on||October 2021|
|Correction in the application form||November 2021|
|Date for issue admit card||November 2021|
|Examination date||November 2021|
|PSTET Result||December 2021|
Exam Pattern & Syllabus:
|Test Pattern||No. of Questions||Marks description||Classes|
|Paper 1): Objective Type questions papers.||150 MCQs||1 mark for each question||For classes 1 to v to become teachers.|
|Paper 2): objective type question paper||150 MCQs||1 Marks for each question||For classes vi to viii to become teachers for the upper primary teacher.|
* Can be Changed by Officials.
PSTET Admit Card:
The admit card for PSTET can be downloaded from the official website one month before the date of examination. To download the Admit Card, candidates have a registration application number and date of birth. Admit Card/Roll Number is mandatory to have appeared in the final exam. In the case of any mistake/error, the candidate should immediately contact the exam conducting authority.
The PSTET result will be declared by Punjab Board within 2-3 months after the exam date. Candidates who qualified for the test will be eligible for the vacant seats. After the result declaration, the authority will verify the documents of qualifying candidates and issued the certificate.
|PSTET 2021||Within a month after the examination|
PSTET Cut Off Marks
There are minimum qualifying marks prescribed by the PSEB to qualify in the examination. The candidates having marks above the cut of marks qualified for the PSTET Certification.
|Category||Cut off Percentage||Cut off Marks|
PSTET Quick Helpdesk
|Address||Vidhya Bhawan, Phase-8, Sahibjada Ajit Singh Nagar (Mohali) Pincode: 160062|
Leave a Reply