Table of Contents
What is CTET:
CTET stands for Central Teacher Eligibility Test. CTET is a regular national level exam which is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) twice a year. This exam is required to shortlist candidates to appoint as teachers for I-VIII classes in any schools of the Central Government (like KVS, NVS, Army School, Central Tibetan Schools, etc.) as well as schools under the administrative control of UT’s of Chandigarh, Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu and Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep and NCT of Delhi. Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD), Government of India has charged the responsibility to CBSE, Delhi to conduct the Examination.
CTET Exam Highlights:
|Name of Exam||Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET)|
|Conducting Authority||Central Board of School Education (CBSE)|
|Exam Purpose||Teachers- Selection of eligible candidates for appointment as teachers for I to VIII Classes|
|Mode of Examination||Offline (pen-paper based)|
|Language||English and Hindi|
|Eligibility||UG/PG + D.Ed./B.Ed|
|Exam Dates||July 2023|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||011-22235774|
- Level I-Primary Level Teachers (Class 1st to 5th)
- Level II- Junior Level Teachers (Class 6 to 8 )
|For Level I PRT (Class I-V)||For Level II TGT (Class VI-VIII)|
|Candidates wish to teach the Class 1st to 5th should have Intermediate (Class 12th) Qualified with well n good marks plus have two years Diploma in Elementary Education (D.Ed.) or BSTC.||Junior Level Teachers: Candidates wish to be the teacher of class 5th to 8th, should have Graduation Degree from any recognised University plus two years Diploma in Elementary Education or B.Ed.|
How to Apply Online:
- Open the CTET or CBSE official website i.e. cbse.nic.in or www.ctet.nic.in
- Click on Button label with “Apply Online for CTET 2023“
- Read the instructions and then fill the application form carefully with correct details, then click Preview.
- Recheck all filled detail and submit for final registration.
- Print or Save the system generated Registration Number and Password.
- Upload your scanned passport-sized photograph and signature in the required format and size, submit.
- Now, pay the application fee through either offline (Challan/Bank deposit) or online mode (Debit Card/Credit Card/Net banking)
- Take the printout of “Confirmation Page” for the record and keep it for their future reference.
- There is no need to be sent print copy or any other documents copy to CTET Unit.
|CATEGORY||Only Paper – I or II||Both Paper – I & II|
|For General & OBC||Rs.1000/-||Rs.1200/-|
|SC& ST & Differently Abled Person||Rs.500/-||Rs.600/-|
* GST (as applicable) will be charged extra by the Bank.
|Date of Examination||July 2023 (Sunday)|
|Start of On-line application through CTET website www.ctet.nic.in||June 2023|
|Last Date for submission of CTET online application form||June 2023|
|Last Date for submission of fee through E-challan or Debit/Credit Card||1June 2023 till 3:30 PM|
|Final status/verification of Candidates-Check Status & Particulars of candidates whose fees received||June 2023|
|Online Corrections in Particulars
(No corrections shall be allowed under any
|Download Admit Card||Last Week of June 2023|
|Centre of Examination||As shown on the Admit Card|
|Official provisional answer key||July 2023|
|Final answer key
|Declaration of result||August 2023|
Exam Date & Time Schedule:
(The Paper-I will be held in the morning session and Paper-II in the evening session)
|Date of Examination||July 2023||July 2023|
|Entry in the Examination Centre||8:00 AM||12:30 PM|
|Checking of Admit Cards||9:00-09:15 AM||1:30-1:45 PM|
|Distribution of Test Booklet||9:15 AM||1:45 PM|
|Last Entry in the Examination Centre||9:30 AM||2:00 PM|
|Test Commences||9:30 AM||2:00 PM|
|Test Concludes||12:00 Noon||4:30 PM|
Selection Process & Conditions:
- The Validity Period of CTET qualifying certification will be valid for seven years. The validity will be count from all categories result from declaration date.
- No restriction on the number of attempts a person can take for acquiring a TET Certificate.
- An individual who has qualified TET may also appear again for improving his/her score.
Exam Centres Locations (Google Map):
- Candidates can set up the 3 exam centre preferences of their choice.
- Exam centres will not change after allocation.
- Admit Card must be required to enter in exam centre and appear in the examination.
- CTET 2023 will provide candidates with centres possible at every major location of India. Therefore, they will have to make a choice as per their convenience.
- There are following 112 CTET Exam Centers that candidates can opt for:
Syllabus, Exam Pattern & Books:
Exam Pattern Highlights:
|Terms||Paper 1||Paper 2|
|To be Teacher||Classes 1 to 5||Classes 6 to 8|
|Mode of Examination||Offline (pen-paper based)||Offline (pen-paper based)|
|Exam Duration||180 Minutes||180 Minutes|
|Section||5 (Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I (compulsory), Language II (compulsory), Mathematics, Environmental Studies)||5 (Child Development and Pedagogy (compulsory), Language I (compulsory), Language II (compulsory), Mathematics and Science 60 MCQs 60 Marks (for Mathematics and Science teacher), Social Studies/Social Science)|
|No. of Question||150||150|
|Medium of exam||Hindi & English||Hindi & English|
Exam Pattern for Paper 1
|Sr. No.||Subject||Number of question||Marks|
|1||Child development & Pedagogy||30||30|
|3||Language – 1||30||30|
|4||Language – 2||30||30|
CTET Exam Pattern for Paper 2
|Sr. No.||Subjects||Number of Question||Marks|
|1||Child development & Pedagogy||30||30|
|2||Language – 1||30||30|
|3||Language – 2||30||30|
|4||Science & Mathematics OR Social Science||60||60|
Candidates must have prepared for the syllabus on which the question papers will be set. Candidates can check the subject-wise complete syllabus for CTET Exam syllabus in the table given below:
|1.||Social Science||Click Here|
There are many books available online as well as offline. Choosing the best book for you is a difficult task. So we have prepared a list of best books which will help you with your CTET exam preparation.
All the candidates who applied for Central TET, for those admit card will be open on the official website. Candidates can download it before one month from the date of examination. There is no entry without the admit card in the examination hall. Admit Card bears all the basic details of the candidate like name, father’s name, Roll Number, Centre name & centre code with photo and sign on it. If any candidate has the problem in downloading the admit card or in the case of any discrepancy, the candidate can contact the officials of the exam conducting authority.
Candidates must have downloaded Admit Card and ID Proof such as Aadhaar Card, Voter ID, Driving License (DL), PAN Card, Passport, Ration Card etc. at the time of examination.
CTET 2023 Results
The CTET Result will be declared tentatively within 2-3 months from the date of examination. To be qualified, candidates must have marks percentages above 60%. The eligible and qualified aspirant will be called for document verification and then after documents verification, the certificate will be issued.
Important Relevant Links:
Stay tuned to Education Bhaskar for more information & news!