Table of Contents:-
- What is CTET:
- CTET Overview:
- Exam Pattern:
- Eligibility Criteria:
- Educational Qualifications:
- How to Apply Online:
- Important Dates:
- Time Schedule
- CTET News:
- Selection Process & Conditions:
- Exam Centres Locations (Google Map):
- Syllabus, Exam Pattern & Books:
- Exam Pattern for Paper 1
- CTET Exam Pattern for Paper 2
- Admit Card:
- CTET 2019 Results
- Contact Information:
What is CTET:
This is a regular Test which is the essential qualification for any person to be eligible for appointment as a teacher in any schools of the Central Government (like KVS, NVS, Central Tibetan Schools, etc.) as well as schools under the administrative control of UT’s of Chandigarh, Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu and Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep and NCT of Delhi. Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD), Government of India has charged the responsibility to CBSE, Delhi to conduct the Examination.
|Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) July 2019- Notification & News, Online Application, Important Dates, Exam Pattern & Syllabus|
|Name of Test||Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET)|
|Conducting Authority||Central Board of School Education (CBSE)|
|Mode of Examination||Offline (pen-paper based)|
|Availability||5th February 2019|
|Eligibility||UG/PG + D.Ed./B.Ed|
|Exam Dates||7th July 2019|
|Apply Online Now|
|Get Best CTET Preparation Books|
|Examination Centres List with code|
|Terms||Paper 1||Paper 2|
|To be Teacher||Classes 1 to 5||Classes 6 to 8|
|Mode of Examination||Offline (pen-paper based)||Offline (pen-paper based)|
|Exam Duration||180 Minutes||180 Minutes|
|Section||5 (Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I (compulsory), Language II (compulsory), Mathematics, Environmental Studies)||5 (Child Development and Pedagogy (compulsory), Language I (compulsory), Language II (compulsory), Mathematics and Science 60 MCQs 60 Marks (for Mathematics and Science teacher), Social Studies/Social Science)|
|No. of Question||150||150|
|Medium of exam||Hindi & English||Hindi & English|
- Level I-Primary Level Teachers (Class 1st to 5th)
- Level II- Junior Level Teachers (Class 6 to 8 )
|For Level I PRT (Class I-V)||For Level II TGT (Class VI-VIII)|
|Candidates wish to teach the Class 1st to 5th should have Intermediate (Class 12th) Qualified with well n good marks plus have two years Diploma in Elementary Education (D.Ed.) or BSTC.||Junior Level Teachers: Candidates wish to be the teacher of class 5th to 8th, should have Graduation Degree from any recognised University plus two years Diploma in Elementary Education or B.Ed.|
How to Apply Online:
- Open the CTET or CBSE official website i.e. cbse.nic.in or www.ctet.nic.in
- Click on Button label with “Apply Online for CTET 2019“
- Read the instructions and then fill the application form carefully with correct details, then click Preview.
- Recheck all filled detail and submit for final registration.
- Print or save the system generated Registration Number and Password.
- Upload your scanned passport sized photograph and signature in the required format and size, submit.
- Now, pay the application fee through either offline (Challan/Bank deposit) or online mode (Debit Card/Credit Card/Net banking)
- Take the printout of “Confirmation Page” for the record and keep it for their future reference.
- There is no need to be sent to CTET Unit.
|CATEGORY||Only Paper – I or II||Both Paper – I & II|
|For General & OBC||Rs.700/-||Rs.1200/-|
|SC& ST & Differently Abled Person||Rs.350/-||Rs.600/-|
* GST (as applicable) will be charged extra by the Bank.
|Date of Examination||7th July 2019 (Sunday)|
|Start of On-line application through CTET website www.ctet.nic.in||5th February 2019|
|Last Date for submission of CTET online application form||5th March 2019|
|Last Date for submission of fee through E-challan or Debit/Credit Card||08th March 2019 Before 03:30 PM|
|Final status/verification of Candidates-Check Status & Particulars of candidates whose fees received||April 2019|
|Online Corrections in Particulars
(No corrections shall be allowed under any
|14th March to 20th March 2019|
|Download Admit Card||September 2019|
|Centre of Examination||As shown on the Admit Card|
|Declaration of result||Within 6 weeks from the exam date|
(The Paper-I will be held in the morning session and Paper-II in the evening session)
|Date of Examination||7th July 2019||7th July 2019|
|Entry in the Examination Centre||8:00 AM||12:30 PM|
|Checking of Admit Cards||09: 00 AM to 09:15 AM||01:30 PM to 01:45PM|
|Distribution of Test Booklet||09:15 AM||01:45 PM|
|Seal of the Test Booklet To be Broken/Opened to take out the Answer Sheet||09:25 AM||01:55 PM|
|Last Entry in the Examination Centre||09:30 AM||02:00 PM|
|Test Commences||09:30 AM||02:00 PM|
|Test Concludes||12:00 PM||04:30 PM|
- 5th February 2019: CBSE CTET will be conducted on 7th July 2019 and the online application will be started on 5th February 2019
Selection Process & Conditions:
- The Validity Period of CTET qualifying certification will be valid for seven years. The validity will be count from all categories result from declaration date.
- No any restriction on the number of attempts a person can take for acquiring a TET Certificate.
- An individual who has qualified TET may also appear again for improving his/her score.
Exam Centres Locations (Google Map):
- Candidates can set up the 3 exam centre preferences of their choice.
- Exam centres will not change after allocation.
- Admit Card must be required to enter in exam centre and appear in the examination.
- CTET 2019 will provide candidates with centres possible at every major location of India. Therefore, they will have to make a choice as per their convenience.
- There are following 92 CTET Exam Centers that candidates can opt for:
Syllabus, Exam Pattern & Books:
|I||150 MCQs which carry
|II||150 MCQs which carry
Exam Pattern for Paper 1
|Sr. No.||Subject||Number of question||Marks|
|1||Child development & Pedagogy||30||30|
|3||Language – 1||30||30|
|4||Language – 2||30||30|
CTET Exam Pattern for Paper 2
|Sr. No.||Subjects||Number of Question||Marks|
|1||Child development & Pedagogy||30||30|
|2||Language – 1||30||30|
|3||Language – 2||30||30|
|4||Science & Mathematics OR Social Science||60||60|
Candidates must have prepared for the syllabus on which the question papers will be set. Candidates can check the subject-wise complete syllabus for CTET Exam syllabus in the table given below:
|1.||Social Science||Click Here|
There are many books available online as well as offline. Choosing the best book for you is a difficult task. So we have prepared a list of best books which will help you with your CTET exam preparation.
All the candidates who applied for Central TET, for those admit card will be open on the official website. Candidates can download it before one month from the date of examination. There is no entry without the admit card in the examination hall. Admit Card bears all the basic details of the candidate like name, father’s name, Roll Number, Centre name & centre code with photo and sign on it. If any candidate has the problem in downloading the admit card or in the case of any discrepancy, the candidate can contact the officials of the exam conducting authority.
Candidates must have downloaded Admit Card and ID Proof such as Aadhaar Card, Voter ID, Driving License (DL), PAN Card, Passport, Ration Card etc. at the time of examination.
CTET 2019 Results
The CTET result will be declared tentatively within 2-3 months from the date of examination. To be qualified, candidates must have marks percentages above 60%. Eligible and qualified aspirant will be called for document verification and then after documents verification, the certificate will be issued.
If you have any question or query, you can ask the official team:
Central Board of Secondary Education,
Central Teacher Eligibility Test Unit,
PS 1-2, Institutional Area, I P Extension,
Ph. No. :011-22235774, 22247176
Fax : 011-22235775
Stay tuned to Education Bhaskar for more information & news!