Nowadays, depression has a common problem for humankind. One in three people had experienced, has experienced or will experience a significant depressive incident at some stage in their lives. There are primarily mild cases of depression, while about one in ten has a moderate or severe case.
Depression affects mentally and then physically too. We may not realize that we face similar challenges, emotions, and obstacles. Firstly, let us tell you, ” If there is a will, then there is a way”.You have approached us and read this article, and sharing your problem. It clearly indicates that you really want to resolve your issue. See, if you have depression, this article is for you. There are many forms of depression like anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, mental instability, frustration, pain, or anything related to mental illness and other health issues; who should not ignore it.
What is Depression?
In simple words, depression is a sickness in which excessive sadness, loss of interest in enjoyable things, and low motivation.
Depression affects almost half of all adult males at the age of 15 on a scale of 75%. On average, 1 out of 6 sufferers will have some level of depression at the end of their lives. Depression can appear anywhere but typically occurs in the later teens, for instance. When first-rank relatives suffer from depressed parents or children, they are at low risk for depression with an overall percentage (40%) of the time. Symptoms have to last at least two weeks to be confirmed as depression. Medical conditions are linked to symptoms similar to depression and are therefore crucial in order to rule out their cause.
Signs and symptoms
Several persistent symptoms in addition to low mood are needed for the diagnosis of major depression. People without any symptoms can benefit from the help of treatment for subsyndromal depression. According to individual cases, symptoms vary and their duration and severity will depend on the particular illness affliction it has. Symptoms can also change depending on the stage of the illness, and the severity of symptoms will vary according to how long they last. You may suffer from depression if you feel these signs all night long, almost every day, for up to two weeks.
Thoughts for depression (Mental Health)
There may be many roots for which causes depression. There are possible backgrounds, and we shouldn’t grow these thoughts and fight depression.
- Depressing period
- Suicidal thought
You need to consider it as a natural part of becoming a more robust version of yourself. Many persons have gone through with these kinds of states, and it happens with every second person. And, if you try to figure out the root cause of your problem, you can easily eradicate it out from your life.
“Depression should not kill us, we should fight and kill it“.
What keeps you going?
Many negative thoughts keep going in your mind. First of all, you shouldn’t give time to the below thoughts to fight depression:
- How worse could depression go now? I have failed. I have hurt myself. I have forgotten relationships. I have done nothing too substantial to boast about. I wanted to die but I a still here. Now what?
- I did not choose this life for me. I am still not there where I have wanted myself to be in.
- No one will believe in my struggle until I succeed in life.
Factors of risk
Depression can sometimes occur any age, but often begins as adults. Many chronic mood and anxiety disorders in adults begin as high levels of fear in children. Depression may appear alongside many other serious clinical ailments like Parkinson and diabetes. Some medications are prescribed for this illness cause adverse side effects that can lead to depression. A doctor familiar with medically diagnosed and controlled diseases can help to develop best treatment strategy. Risk factors include: Genetic, biological, environmental and psychological factors including genetic and environmental factors. Depression is now acknowledged as having its origin within youth and children, but some patients are more irritable than low mood.
Everything you need to know about depression (Major Depressive Disorder)
18.5 per cent of the Americans surveyed have shown symptoms of depression within two weeks. Depression is seen as a severe medical condition and is aggravated by the treatment. It’s important to recognize that feeling down in life can be difficult. In depressed disorders, the feelings of sorrow remain continuous. In grief, positive emotions of death generally accompany emotions of emotional suffering. Symptoms may also be continuing or coming and going, and symptoms may also come based primarily on a combination. Often major depression is more than a condition of sorrow or “blue ” This has also affected relationships and also chronic health issues.
Treatment and Therapies
Depression is typically treated with medication, psychotherapy or a combination of the two. Electroconvulsive therapy is among the possible alternatives available for patients. No two patients get to be depressed the same way & there is no ‘one-size-fits-all’ treatment plan at this point. There may be many trials and errors before you find the best cure for you. Suppose these treatments is unproductive to reduce symptomatic effects. In that case, the treatment of ECT and other treatments may provide options to explore possible treatment options for the treatment in some cases of severe depressed cases such as.
Tips on How to Deal with Depression Symptoms and Sadness?
Depression is a mood disorder that causes constant depression or loss of interest. It affects many. Major life events such as bereavement and lost job can cause depression. Depression is an ongoing problem. It is comprised of incidents for which symptoms last about two weeks. Depression may last for months or days before returning. Learn the ways you can diagnose and manage depression without requiring medications. Some signs of depression include: An individual who is under stress may experience persistent sadness. A person with depression could be experiencing loss of daily enjoyment or interest.
We would like to mention some practical measures that you can take in order to combat depression.
- Ask yourself about the source of your problem. Find out what is there missing in your life? What do you want and what is going wrong? What exactly is pushing you towards this situation?
- Once you find out if there are multiple bad things going wrong in your life like love failure, No employment or fear of being alone, and many more. Try to take one issue at a point. Once you decide to fix one problem, check whether this can be solved by you or is there any external help you need.
- Once you are sure about that, try to share with your loved ones like your friends will be the best choice or any well-wishers or maybe parents or any relatives!
- If you don’t have anyone to share, there are millions of people out there who are ready to listen to you. Try to approach them. We are sure that one or another person will definitely help you. ( Sometimes we underestimate our friend list)
- If you feel like there is no motivation to live, Try to help others and bring smiles to others’ faces. We are sure that you will find some reasons to live. Just think about your parents or your loved ones. ” Would you let your loved ones die like this? “If not, then you should not too.
- Don’t assume that you are alone, that one friend, that one colleague, that one family person who will definitely love you more than you thought. Just talk with them!
- If suicide ever come across your mind, talk about it to people who love you would like to hear your story rather than your death story.
- Get a pet (Dog is highly recommended). Trust me they can steer your depression away from you without taking the help of any kind of medicinal help.
- It takes time. Don’t rush. Patience is the key to success here.
- In order to deviate yourself from negative and unwanted thoughts, you can watch comedy shows, porn ( Do practical stuff related to it if it helps ), web series, or any favourite movie of yours.
- Don’t talk about your failures. Count all the achievements and recall all the proud moments you have experienced so far.
- Invest time in your passion. If you want to forget something, just don’t give it time. It is high time to begin working on your dreams. “NOW” is the right time to start struggling.
- If all those things are not working for you then only seek medical counselling.
- Healthy lifestyle, Eating healthy food, 8 hours of sleep, spending present with nature, yoga, meditation, and learning new things or skills like learning English are the natural remedies for any kind of mental disorder. Do not forget to stick to this in your recovery phase.
- Don’t Lose Hope. It is just a matter of time. This phase shall too pass soon. Trust me in the future, you will laugh on yourself by recalling this phase of your career.
- Last but not least! Read the book “The power of our subconscious mind” by Joseph Murphy. This book will change your mind. This can cure any problem that an individual is suffering. This book is highly suggested.
Well, This is it. We know when depression appears in your life, think of it as a cry for help from your subconscious. Listen to it; find out what it’s trying to tell you. If you’ve been depressed for a long time, anti-depressants can give you the energy to make new choices.
However, though medication may make you feel better, the cure for depression is still in your hands. Only when you confront and understand the actual cause of your depression, then take action to address it, will you finally be liberated from it no matter what the temperature outside.
We hope our article will help you. Would you please take a moment to reply with feedback later? Thank you. Stay Happy and cheerful. You are born to do miracles in your life. Don’t forget you are very precious to this society, to your family and to our country.