The Microsoft 70-461 exam is among the most popular ones. Therefore, few tips and tricks always come in handy as they make it easier for the candidates to pass this Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014 certification test.
Before even starting off with the Microsoft 70-461 exam technicalities, it is very important for the students to understand that whichever test you are preparing for, you need to keep your determination and focus in place as you achieve your target. With that in mind, let us now begin.
Before you begin preparing for your Microsoft 70-461 exam, you should first make a study plan. It is actually the main preparation step you must follow. All the other tips and tricks discussed here are supposed to complement your plan. Having a blueprint will ensure that you prepare consistently and cover the right amount of material. It will help you avoid cramming. It also determines what you are supposed to learn first. Whatever you are studying, you should begin with basic concepts and then build upon them.
Table of Contents
Microsoft 70-461 Exam Overview:
|Exam Name||Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014|
|Exam Duration||120 minutes|
|Exam Questions||40 to 60 (It may be changed without notice by Microsoft)|
|Passing Score||700 out of 1000|
|Exam Price||$165 (USD)|
|Training||20461C: Querying Microsoft SQL Server (five days)|
|Exam Registration||Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014|
Step By Step Preparation Guide to Prepare for Microsoft 70-461 Exam:
The Microsoft 70-461 exam may seem intimidating. However, it’s not impossible to pass it. All it takes is basic study tips and a bit of good planning. In this article, we have highlighted the most useful study habits that can help you get the most out of every step of your exam preparation time.
- Do a lot of practice: When it comes to preparing for Microsoft 70-461, no one can practice enough. You should install SQL Server and train using the adventure work database daily. Besides, practice with practice tests from ExamSnap and see how well you have understood the material. You should also learn how to create and organize T-SQL Scripts.
- Make your study sessions shorter: The mistake many candidates make is trying to cram the material for the test. This is a very wrong direction to take. Instead of studying in one eight-hour stretch, I study in 14 thirty-minute sessions. This will help you understand the concepts deeply without getting exhausted. It is also easier to set aside a short study session for 30 minutes every day to study at home or work if you have a very busy schedule.
- Be consistent: Consistency matters a lot when it comes to preparing for the Microsoft 70-461 exam and any other test. Set a specific time for studying each day, whether at work or home and stick to it. If you want to dedicate 30 minutes after arriving at work before working hours begin, then be sure to stick to it by arriving early enough and blocking your colleagues from distracting you. For your own personal staff at home, you can set aside half an hour or so just after your kids have gone to bed. This will ensure fewer or no interruptions during preparation.
- Use flashcards: Using flashcards to review materials will ensure that you are using your time more sensibly. They are more effective than skimming highlights or rereading the material. You can buy your own SQL flashcards if you can’t make them. However, making your own is always advisable because it helps you learn a lot in the process.
- Set a specific goal for each study session: All study sessions should be goal-oriented. Specify a goal for every session to make the most out of your study. Actually, you should even make one or two flashcards after every study session. Doing so can help you reinforce and emphasize what you have learned in the just-concluded session.
- Explain the new concepts you have learnt to other people: As you continue to learn new material, you should develop a habit of explaining it to a co-worker or a friend. It is a wonderful way to test if you fully understand the information. If you can explain it well to someone else, then it means you know it well. If you find yourself struggling to explain it, then it’s clear that you still do not know the material or new concept well enough.
- Set up a designated study area: Having a study area at work or home can help you study and prepare. It sets the mood for learning as your mind and body will slowly start associating that place with studying. This will reinforce your effort a great deal. Make sure you have every material you will need readily available in this area. You can book a conference room if you will be studying at work as this will help you avoid interruptions.
- Put away your phone: While social media and texts have made life easier and better in many ways, they have also become some of the major interruptions in today’s world. If you are going to use your phone during the time you have set aside for studying, then it goes without saying that social media and texts are going to interrupt you every now and again. You need to concentrate on your study for the thirty minutes you have set. It’s only 30 minutes, and your peeps can actually survive without your attention for that short time.
- Focus: Your attention should be on your learning during every focused thirty minutes, and there should be no interruption or distraction whatsoever. Chats and music reduce the levels of concentration. Thus, you should turn off the music to focus fully during each study session. You should also not allow your mind to wander as this interferes with your concentration.
By putting the above tips into action, you can be sure you will pass your Microsoft 70-461 exam with relative ease on your first attempt. Success!
Leave a Reply