The world of information technology and security is growing and transforming at a rapid pace. The pace at which the IT sector is growing is also one of the reasons why it tends to leave many open gaps in the course of its transformation.
Such gaps in the field of technology and IT security can be and are exploited, and it is what calls for IT security experts. The demand for IT security professionals has been growing consistently over the last few years and is only expected to grow in the time to come. It is a worthy career option these days, considering the IT and network security professionals can get upwards of $40,000 salary on average annually.
One of the entry-level courses that the candidates in the field of IT security must take to advance their career and expand their knowledge on the topic is the CompTIA Security+ Certification.
Table of Contents
What are CompTIA Security+ Certifications?
The participants of this CompTIA Security+ course would gain extensive, comprehensive, and practical knowledge and training related to installing and configuring network devices, mobile devices, applications, and networks, securely.
The certification would enable participants with understanding about the threat analysis, mitigation techniques, risk mitigation activities, and associated laws, policies, and regulations.
The course is compliant with the federal regulations and follows the guidelines of the Federal Information Security Management Act. The certification is valid globally and opens doors to numerous career possibilities in the field of IT security
It’s the preferred qualification sought by most companies hiring professionals to serve the role in IT operations and technical support. The CompTIA Security+ qualification helps the cybersecurity professionals not only identify the security threats and issues but also enables them to address the same efficiently.
Key Aspects of CompTIA Security+
- The candidates passing the CompTIA Security+ have the skills, knowledge, and practical experience to troubleshoot and efficiently resolve technical issues in networking and IT department.
- The understanding of the candidates passing the CompTIA Security+ exam expands their knowledge on a wide range of aspects, including networking, mobile devices, operating systems, and IT security.
- CompTIA Security+ prepares the candidates to connect the dots and fill the gaps in the IT security world. It makes it easier for the users to get seamless access to data, irrespective of the device being used.
CompTIA Security+ Certification is a highly advised certification for professionals serving different roles in the IT sector, which are –
- IT Auditor
- Systems Administrator
- Security Administrator
- Network Administrator
- Penetration Tester
- Network Engineer
- Information Security Analyst
- Information Technology Specialist
- Cyber Security Specialists
What Makes CompTIA Security+ Certification Different From Its Counterparts?
- There are no other certifications available currently that have performance-based questions in its modules and exams. This makes CompTIA Security+ the only certification to showcase the practical experience and abilities of the candidate. It gives an advantage to the candidate over candidates with other standard security certifications with no or little practical skills or experience.
- The CompTIA Security+ is a widely acclaimed and chosen certification because of the DoD 8570 compliance.
- The focus of CompTIA Security+ is an updated course with an intensive focus on risk mitigation, intrusion detection, risk management, threat identification and management, and risk control.
- The candidate passing the CompTIA Security+ exam is also qualified for the Penetration Tester and IT Auditor role, unlike other security certifications offered.
Topic Inclusions in CompTIA Security+ Course
As the world of IT security continues to evolve, the CompTIA Security+ course is updated as well. It helps candidates stay updated and able to meet any IT security threats and challenges with ease and confidence.
The latest course, CompTIA Security+ Certification (SY0-501) covers many new topics that were present in the earlier version of the course.
It would ensure that the candidates are equipped with the knowledge they need to deal with various security threats, network protocol issues, security breaches, and so on, successfully. Here are the course’s topic inclusions in brief –
- Wireless, Cloud, PC, and Mobile Security.
- Risk Mitigation and Mitigation Techniques.
- LAN, Host, Network, and Application Security.
- Operational and Network Security
- Compliance and Regulations
- Identity Management
- Access Control and Network Surveillance
- Detecting and Repairing Vulnerabilities
The candidates who have more than two years of experience in the field of IT security and administration have considerable technical knowledge of IT security. Those who hold CompTIA Network+ certification can apply for Security+ Certification. It’s an exam that contains 90 questions that need to be completed in 90 minutes. Candidates preparing for Security+ exam must try to successfully complete as many CompTIA Security+ Practice Test before giving the final exam. It helps in getting a better understanding of the course modules and prepares the candidates for the final exam by simulating the same environment.
The comprehensive coverage of old and new topics by taking the CompTIA Security+ Practice Tests regularly ensures that the candidates are well-prepared for the exam. CertBlaster is one of the reputed Security+ exam simulators that offer exhaustive coverage of the subject with a range of features that are helpful for the candidates to prepare for the final Security+ examination.