|Name of Scholarship||MOMA (Ministry of Minority Affairs Scholarship)|
|Type of Scholarship||Government
|Availability||20,000 Students every year|
|Eligibility||For students who are studying professional & technical courses|
Table of Contents:-
Here are some great features of the Scholarships are below:
- Under this Scholarship, Programme near about 30% of scholarships are allocated for girl students.
- From Each Family, only 2 Student Candidates can take advantages of these awards.
- These scholarships are especially for those States, where the population of minorities is high.
- This scheme is approved by the state government or the UT administration.
- Every year about 20,000 minority communities students are awarded under this scholarships Scheme throughout the country.
Types of Moma Scholarship:
- Post Matric Scholarships
- Means cum Merit Scholarship Scheme
1. Post Matric Scholarship:
Under this MOMA Post Metric Scholarship Scheme, those Students of Government, as well as Suitable Private Colleges/Universities/Institutions of India, will be awarded Scholarships who wish to keep continue their Study for Higher Education. Many of Students leave their study after the 12th (10+2) Class especially Girls only due to lack of money for higher study which is much costlier than Basic Education. It will also cover the Technical as well as Vocational Courses in Industrial Training Institutes/ Industrial Training Centers affiliated with the National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT). The objective of the scholarship is to award the meritorious students who belong to economically weaker sections and to help them to pursue education from class XI to PhD and Technical /Vocational Courses for developing their postgraduate skills.
Eligibility Criteria for Post Matric Scholarships:
- Educational Records: Students who are going to apply should have marked 50% or above in the previous final examination.
- Annual Income: The annual income (from all sources) of the student’s parents or guardian should be less than Rs. 2 lakh. The Scholarships to be provided in the ascending order from the lowest order from Below Poverty Line(BPL) Families.
- Only two students from every family can take advantages o this scholarship.
- Reservation for Girls Students: 30% of the scholarship will be reserved for girl students.
2. Means cum Merit Scholarship Scheme:
Under this MOMA Mean cum Merit Scholarship Scheme, those students can take financial Support who belongs to minority communities and wanna pursuing the professional and technical courses. Those candidates belong to belonging to Minority communities wish to continue or wanna pursue undergraduate(UG), postgraduate (PG), technological and professional courses.
Eligibility Criteria for Means cum Merit Scholarship:
- Those students who have taken admission to a recognised college/university to pursue technical/professional courses, by a competitive examination
- Students should have minimum 50 % marks at higher secondary/graduation level to be an eligible candidate.
- Selection of eligible students will be assigned strictly on merit basis.
How to Apply & Sanctioned List:
Online Application Forms/Registration of MOMA Scholarship 2019 & Sanctioned list: Some Students belong to the low-income family and were/are not able to continue their Study or Higher Education only due to lack of money. Those candidates are invited to apply through the Offline/Online Application forms in the prescribed format may be submitted to the Secretary of the Department of the concerned State Govt/UT administration, dealing with minority welfare, through the institutions where the students are pursuing technical/professional courses. The student must submit their applications to the state which he/she belongs to and not to the state where the institution where he/she is studying, is located.
MOMA Scholarship Amount Paid to candidates:
|Maintenance allowance||₹ 10000/year||₹ 5000/year|
|Course fee||₹ 20,000/year||₹ 20,000/year|
MOMA 2020-21 Important Dates:
|Event||Dates for Fresh Application||Dates for Renewal|
|Submission of Online Application||September 2020||November 2020|
|Scrutiny of Application by Institute||November 2020||November 2020|
|Scrutiny of Application by State/UT||November 2020||December 2020|
|Final List of students selected||Nov-December 2020||December 2020|
MOMA Minority and pre-matric – In the news:
The initiatives taken by the Government of India are outstanding and respective to many ways which help to the vast extent to serve the poor students. These awards will fulfil dreams of minority sectors to pursue higher education.
CLICK HERE to read the Full Official Notification