Now that SBI PO notification has been released, everyone wants to get a hold over those
limited 2,000 vacancies. So it is time that you get your hands on the right resources and plan meticulously to give a kick-start to your preparation.
Table of Contents:-
List of Best Books for SBI PO exam
To help you in your endeavour, we are here to provide you with the list of the right books so that you can make the most of this limited time.
Books for Reasoning Section
1. A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non-verbal by B. S. Sijwali and Indu
Sijwali: This book has been divided into three sections – Verbal Reasoning, Analytical
Reasoning, and non- Verbal Reasoning. Each segment contains chapters and at the end
of each chapter, there are sets of question papers, covering all different patterns of
2. Analytical Reasoning by M.K.Pandey: This is a good book to sharpen one’s logical
and reasoning skills. It covers the basics of all the topics of logic and reasoning. It is
helpful not only for SBI PO exam but for other exams as well.
3. A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-verbal Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal: This
book teaches faster and shorter ways to tackle the verbal and non-verbal topics of
Reasoning. The examples given with full explanations help students in grasping the
essence of each topic.
Books for Quantitative Section
1. Practice Book on Quicker Maths: This book consists of around 150 rules of quicker
methods, which cover almost all the Quantitative questions asked in the competitive
exams from this quantitative aptitude book.
2. Fast Track Objective Mathematics by Rajesh Verma: It is one of its kinds of a book,
which covers all the elements required to strengthen the concepts of Arithmetic. This
book is divided into two sections – Basic level and Higher skills level. Concepts, as well
as short tricks, are perfectly compiled in this book.
Books for English Section
1. Objective General English by S. P. Bakshi: This book is essential for brushing up the
language skills of an aspirant preparing for banking and other competitive exams. This
book has been written in simple words, which are easy to use and understand.
2. Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis: In this book, the author has come up with
easy tips to help readers improve their vocabulary and word skills. New words with their
meanings and usage have been presented by using simple techniques.
Books for General Awareness Section
1. Banking Awareness by Arihant Publications: This book has been published keeping
in mind the current examination pattern adopted by the banking recruitment
examinations. This book has been divided into eleven chapters covers all the basics and
advanced topics of Banking.
2. Static General Knowledge by Arihant Publications: This book helps students in
getting a stronghold over General Knowledge topics of static GK and it covers all the
topics of static Gk for competitive exams in the category of History, Geography, Polity,
and General Science.
Now that you have the complete list to prepare for SBI PO, delay no further and get on with your preparation. We wish you all the very best for your exam!